The best way is to download the document and print it out. You will need to fill in various forms from the document and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) The competition is for teams from any bona-fide school or academy located within Buckinghamshire.
2) Teams can have a maximum of 4 students and each must meet the age requirements. Award Ceremony attendance is limited to team members and one staff member. Schools may enter several teams in each age group. Spare spaces may be offered to parents; details to follow.
3) Each team will produce a promotional video for a local small business. Each will meet the following rules:
a) The business must be located within Buckinghamshire.
b) The business must have less than 20 employees at the time of filming.
c) The video will be 60 seconds or less with an additional 10 seconds allowed for the team to introduce their video. Timings will be strictly adhered to.
d) The video will be in wmv format. This is important.
h) Each video must start with credits showing the name of the school/academy, the name of the business and the names of all team members. This need only be one frame long.
i) Each video must be legal, decent, honest, and truthful. It must be suitable for an audience containing children under 12. The judges may exclude any video that they consider unsuitable for any reason at their absolute discretion.
j) Each video must be the work of the team members. In particular only the team members may film or edit the video. Advice from a business or teacher is to be encouraged but only team members can carry out the work.
k) Any music used must be in the public domain or royalty free. Some original music is available from Claire Batchelor for use in this competition. See FAQs.
4) To be eligible for an age group, each team member must be within the age limits.
The age groups are:
Junior: 13 or under on 31st August 2013
Senior: 17 or under on 31st August 2013
5) Prizes will be awarded in the following categories. These will include but are not limited to:
1) Best business promotion
2) Best use of video media
3) Best camera work
4) Best editing
5) Best sound
6) Best animation/graphics
6) Each team will deliver an application form to Schools' and Colleges' Liaison Team, Bucks New University, Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 2JZ, email: email@example.com not later than 20th June.
7) The team will deliver a completed entry pack to the judging panel not later than 5.00pm on Monday 21st October 2013. Delivery can be electronic or on suitable media by post. We will email to confirm receipt of the video(s) within 24 hours of receipt but please allow adequate time for postal delivery/uploading or software problems etc. The postal address is:
Schools' and Colleges' Liaison Team, Bucks New University, Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 2JZ
The entry pack will include:
a) The video in wmv format.
b) A completed entry form.
c) Extra information for the judges.
d) A signed release document from the business concerned.
e) A signed permission from every identifiable person in the video.
f) A signed music disclaimer/licence document.
g) Permission for photography.
An entry pack will be sent out to you on receipt of your registration of interest and is also downloadable from: www.swallow.co.uk/wave
8) The awards ceremony will take place on the evening of 21st November 2013 at Buckinghamshire New University, High Wycombe (time tbc). At the awards ceremony, each acceptable video will be shown in its entirety.
9) The judges may make decisions on any matter concerning the competition. The judges' decisions are final. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that entrants are treated fairly, no guarantee can be given that any video will be shown.
10) The judges' decisions are not endorsements of the suitability of any video for any purpose.
11) Entrants give the right for their video to be shown at the awards ceremony and for private viewings by the judges and organisers of the competition. Subject to negotiation, the participating company may want to use the video for promotional purposes.
Last date for receipt of application forms - 20th June
Training day at Bucks New University - 2nd July
Filming - September and October
Last date for submission of competition entries - 21st October
Award ceremony - 21st November.
Date Last Modified: 18/6/13 copyright © 2013 Duncan Louttit